Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pink and White Chevron Dresser



I was given this dresser by a neighbor. The same neighbor for whom I painted this hutch. It's not real wood, had sharpie in a few places, and it was missing some knobs. But really, it didn't look too terrible. 



Chevron is a whole knew thing for me. Most of the time, I don't even like chevron. For some reason, this piece was crying out, "PAINT ME CHEVRON!" Creepy, right?

Thus it began.


And then I ran out of tape. 



I read a couple of tutorials about painting chevron since I've practically shunned all chevron since it got all trendy. I wanted to do it right! Anyway, all of the bloggers said to wait until the paint tried to peel the paint off....WRONG!! So wrong. Against my habit of peeling the the tape while the paint is still wet, I waited. This is what happened:




GAH! Peeled triangle! Maybe it was just the paint I used. I got it in the reject isle, so I'm not sure what color it really is, but it feels kind of latex-y. If that's even a word. It's fixed now.



A final look at the before and after: 



Would I do Chevron again? Hmmm. Maybe, but it has to be big-fat Chevron. Not that skinny stuff. 

Thanks for looking!


6 comments:

  1. Can I say it again? You are amazing. This is beautiful - -and your talent is obvious! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are crazy-perfect! If you weren't already married.....

    Umm, wow. Things just got awkward! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing. Seriously. LOVE it!

    And yes, big fat chevys are always the way to go.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Comment